Monday, February 6, 2012

FHE Idea

For Family Home Evening we talked about communication. Sometimes in families we tend to be a little vague, which leads to anger or fighting because somebody didn't listen to their brother right or Mom didn't explain things very well. Some key points: How many times have we thought someone should have understood what we wanted done and then gotten angry when the task wasn't completed exactly how we wanted it? We need to be clear, explain, make sure they understand and be more patient and considerate of others feelings. I explained it more on their level and I am pretty sure they knew exactly what I was talking about. This lesson was good because I think I need it too :) Then we did this activity where I had already drawn a bug with certain requirements, I sat this aside so they wouldn't see it and gave them each a piece of paper and a pencil. Then I started the different steps to replicate mine without them seeing it beforehand. Step 1 Draw the body of the bug, step 2 draw the head of the bug.... step 9 decorate the back of the bug. Then we each took turns looking at one another's bugs and marking them A-F, all the boys got A's from one another. Then I showed them mine and told them that they all got it wrong, it was suppose to look like this. They got sad looks and started saying well you didn't tell us to do...... they realized how important it is to explain things better to one another so that we could all be on the same page. Asher even caught me later in the night and said "Mom you didn't tell us to do it like that", Ha I guess I should watch what I teach them- great!! Then we played connect four, believe it or not Luke kicked our butts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...