Monday, January 23, 2012


For Family Home Evening this week we took the boys grocery shopping!! :) Yeah sounds exciting huh?? We actually talked about money and budgets (Yes I know they are a little bit small for this but...) I still think it is good that they realize money doesn't grow on trees. We gave them a budget and made them pick out what we were going to have for dinner. They did a really good job and even had to put some things back because they didn't have enough money. It also gave Asher a good chance to add things up visually. We also introduced them to our new "Kindness Chart" (ignore the picture of the little girl on the page, I found a boy and pasted over :) I bought these cool Heritage Maker reward cards that I bought from Amber and I love them. Unfortunately I don't think you can see the cards unless you are a member but they are cute and fun. They start out as a template with already pre-made rewards but you can change any of them, so I customized some of them to our family. The boys were super excited!! They have to get 6 stickers on their Kindness Chart before they get to choose a rewards card. I have loved it so far because they have to be kind, which effects chores, favors, brothers, sharing, pretty much everything. Hopefully it works good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...