Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flashback Thursday

I'm a cloth diapering mom.  This is something that I decided to try on my second child.  My main reason was to save $$$.  Now that I've been doing it for 10 months it's turned into so much more and I LOVE cloth diapers!
 
What I've learned after about cloth diapering after 10 months..........

 A sample of our stash of all in one (AIO).  Aren't the colors so fun!

These kind of diapers have a pocket that you stuff with an insert. (FYI, she's pooped in this diaper and you'd never know.  Looks brand new.)

 Then you just put them on like a disposable.  Very easy!  I actually save all these diapers for night time and if I'm venturing out all day with her.  It makes for an easier diaper change.

 I use these prefolds 99% of the time and I LOVE them.  See the Snappi, this has replaced pins.  Very easy as well!  I was very afraid of these and thought I would hate them but they've turned out to be my favorite kind of diaper to use.

Then you just cover the prefold with a CUTE cover.  Again very easy.

The nicest thing about cloth is that when you are running low on diapers you just throw them in the washer.  We don't have to run out and spend $40 at Costco.  You do have to use a special detergent but this is my second bag and I just opened it.  It LAST a long time.

We bought this special sprayer that goes on our toilet to get the poopies out.  Now that my daughter is on solids we have to flush her poop down the toilet.  It's been a harder adjustment but I think we've finally gotten a system worked out.  My husband cleans ALL the poopie diapers.  I change them and he cleans them.  Great system huh.  I know he's the best husband EVER!

We still LOVE cloth diapering.  Even my husband likes it.  Now I'm always very disappointed when I use a disposable.  I rarely have a cloth diaper leak.  If it leaks it's usually cause it's a REALLY BAD diaper but usually the cloth can contain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...