Monday, April 25, 2011

FHE Idea

All ideas come from my sister and she has 3 boys.  This is her post.

For Family Home Evening this week we talked about the first two chapters of Nephi. As I was reading the scriptures last week I was reading in chapter 2 verse 11 where Laman and Lemuel began to murmur against their father. Like most kids, mine murmur...  We talked about Nephi, in Chapter 2 verse 16 "having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers".  We talked about the importance of being like Nephi and not Laman and Lemuel. I also thought about Sam and his belief in Nephi.  He was not visited but yet had faith to believe.  I talked to the boys about how sometimes we do not understand the why's of everything but if our Prophet (Lord) tells us to obey these commandments we have to have faith like Lehi and Nephi did.  I know there have been times in my life when I have not exactly understood the why's of everything but if we listen to the Holy Ghost we will be guided to what will help us eternally.  I know my children aren't the only ones that need to work on murmuring, I need a reminder too!  I am so grateful that we have the scriptures to learn from to help guide and direct our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...