Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Naps

I am a mom that LOVES schedules.  For the most part I do everything at the same time of day.  Naps is one thing we never skip.  I have a 3 1/2 year old and an almost 9 month old baby.  About 4 or 5 months ago my 3 yr old decided that he didn't want to take naps anymore.  I still made him go lay in his bed for quite time but it wasn't as nice because he wouldn't last very long and would always ask if he could get up after 30 mins.  He used to take 3 hr naps.

I never let him get up but instead would make him lay down for an 1 hr and a half and then sometimes for the last 30 mins I would get him books.  This went on for about 4 months and yes it drove me crazy cause I missed MY TIME.  Well the last month he has started taking a nap again.  He falls asleep for about 2 hours and it's so nice to have my napping boy back.

I have many friends who's kids that are my sons age that don't nap.  They tell me that they just won't nap.  I wonder how many of their kids really would if they would have held out for a few months like I did?  My sisters kids have all napped until they were 5 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...